Tuesday, February 13, 2007

puff 303 Malkinism- the new McCarthyism? Melissa McEwan resignation: not within the mindset

Amanda Marcotte and Melissa Mcewan are not within the mindset.
So they had to go.
How did we get back to this kind of intolerance? McCarthyism it used to be- now its Malkinism?
The Foxing of the Metaverse...
Check out the video of O'Reilly, Malkin and Powers below!


Melissa McEwan has resigned from the Edwards campaign:

I regret to say that I have also resigned from the Edwards campaign. In spite of what was widely reported, I was not hired as a blogger, but a part-time technical advisor, which is the role I am vacating.

I would like to make very clear that the campaign did not push me out, nor was my resignation the back-end of some arrangement made last week. This was a decision I made, with the campaign’s reluctant support, because my remaining the focus of sustained ideological attacks was inevitably making me a liability to the campaign, and making me increasingly uncomfortable with my and my family’s level of exposure.



There will be some who clamor to claim victory for my resignation, but I caution them that in doing so, they are tacitly accepting responsibility for those who have deluged my blog and my inbox with vitriol and veiled threats. It is not right-wing bloggers, nor people like Bill Donohue or Bill O’Reilly, who prompted nor deserve credit for my resignation, no matter how much they want it, but individuals who used public criticisms of me as an excuse to unleash frightening ugliness, the likes of which anyone with a modicum of respect for responsible discourse would denounce without hesitation.

And thus another netroots martyr is born.

In other Edwards campaign news, William Beutler has a very interesting post that investigates the vetting angle of the Marcotte and McEwan hires:

But I do have a small opening to comment because, as the political blogosphere by now knows well, last night Marcotte resigned her position with the campaign, citing her continued employment as a potential liability for the rest of the campaign.

As my headline asks: What about Matt Gross, Edwards’ Senior Advisor for Online Communications*/Chief Internet Strategist*/general adviser on all things bloggy? Will he resign, too?

Consider John Dickerson’s report in Slate last week, which gave some insight as to how things went down at Edwards HQ:

The senator read some of the offending postings. He asked to talk to the bloggers, whose work he’d not read before and whom he’d never met.

I can certainly believe that Edwards had not read Pandagon (or Shakespeare’s Sister, whence he hired the somewhat less-controversial Melissa McEwan) but I cannot believe that Matt Gross has not. If there was one person on the campaign whose job it was to vet potential blog hires, it was Gross. And it’s not like he just missed a stray posting where Marcotte went a little too far — her quick temper and salty word choices are a big part of what’s made her so popular.

Click over and read the whole thing.

I suppose this ends the entire sorry saga for McEwan and Marcotte, with the exception of whatever screeching accusations and evasions that will be forthcoming from their respective blogs. It’s certainly not ended for the Edwards campaign, much as the candidate might wish it so, and it’s not over for the netroots, either — By a long shot. Chris Bowers:

Clearly, the right is able to attack us with impunity. Japanesse (sic) internment justifying Michelle Malkin goes on the air to bash Marcotte and McEwan, while the people who read Malkin’s blog send death and rape threats to them. And even the media reports on the matter make the Michelle Malkin’s of the world look like the sane hero in this situation, while Marcotte and McEwan are evil. And then a bunch of Democrats, including a few commenters at MyDD, will give Malkin, O’Reilly and Donohue cover for this by saying that Marcotte and McEwan were out of line. Rinse and repeat.

Well, I seem to remember Michelle having to actually pick up and move due to death threats from commenters on liberal blogs, but that’s neither here nor there. I disaprove of death threats altogether, but let’s not pretend Michelle Malkin’s commenters hold a monopoly on them.Attic Jam





















Phentrazine - Now Available Without a Prescription





















Phentrazine - Now Available Without a Prescription

















Phentrazine - Now Available Without a Prescription
The Fox Team...

No comments: